Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Terrace is a Lovely Thing





I will never get over the joy of having a garden and a terrace. Living in a city with neither for over ten years has given me a level of appreciation I couldn't imagine. The gift of spring is reveled in, soaked in, bathed in when you have access to it so easily.

We are eating outdoors now, every noon and night. Gaetan does his homework outdoors till the sun sets. Filou and his best friend Saline are there at our feet. There are no mosquitoes as yet (only the one or two that fly around in the bedroom at night). The birds sing, the neighbors are quiet.

I'm aswirl in the momentary pleasures enjoying the boys, a simple meal, my slowing blooming roses, the setting sun beyond the cypress trees.

Life could be a lot worse.

No comments: